Brisan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Brian:
Irish name of uncertain etymology. It is generally thought to be of Celtic origin, but its meaning is disputed. Some believe it to be derived from the root bri (force, strength), brîgh (valor, strength), or bruaich (a hill, steep, high). The name was introduced to different parts of England in the Middle Ages by Scandinavians from Ireland and by Bretons from Brittany. Var: Brien, Bryan. Short: Bri.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Brisan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Brisan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Brisan
- Comments and insights on the name Brisan
Brisan means "Brian's Son"
- Personal experiences with the name Brisan
- Nicknames for Brisan
- Meanings and history of the name Brisan
Brian's Son, Strength, Noble
- Famous real-life people named Brisan
- Brisan in song, story & screen