Briton Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Brett:
Transferred use of the English surname derived from the Old French Bret (a Breton), an ethnic name for a native of Brittany. Var: Bret, Brit, Britt.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Briton? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Briton
Contribute your knowledge to the name Briton
- Comments and insights on the name Briton
- Personal experiences with the name Briton
- Nicknames for Briton
- Meanings and history of the name Briton
A variant of Brett (Latin) or Britton (Old English).
Means "from Britanny or Britain; from Britain"
- Famous real-life people named Briton
Briton Rivière - an Irish artist
Briton Hadden - co-founder of TIME magazine
- Briton in song, story & screen