Byron Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Byron:
Borrowed from the English, Byron originates from a place-name derived from the Old English æt byrum (at the cowsheds).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Byron? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Byron
Contribute your knowledge to the name Byron
- Comments and insights on the name Byron
- Personal experiences with the name Byron
- Nicknames for Byron
Ron, Ronnie, Boswell, Boz, Bozza, Byronial, Byrone, Byn, Byne, Basil, Byza, Bynza, Byroni like Peroni.
- Meanings and history of the name Byron
- Famous real-life people named Byron
George Gordon, Lord Byron, 1788-1824, British poet and personality
- Byron in song, story & screen
King Byron/Byron Wagner from the game Midnight Cinderella