Cailean Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Colin:
Borrowed from the English, Colin originated as a medieval variant of the obsolete Colle, a short form of Nicholas (victory of the people). Alternatively, Colin is the Anglicized form of the Gaelic Cailean (dove). Var: Collan, Collin, Collun, Coln, Colun.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cailean? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cailean
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cailean
- Comments and insights on the name Cailean
- Personal experiences with the name Cailean
- Nicknames for Cailean
- Meanings and history of the name Cailean
From the Gaelic cuilean, meaning 'pup, cub, whelp'. Anglicized as Colin.
- Famous real-life people named Cailean
- Cailean in song, story & screen