Calcifer Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Calcifer? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Calcifer
Contribute your knowledge to the name Calcifer
- Comments and insights on the name Calcifer
- Personal experiences with the name Calcifer
I happen to love this name, but most people I've asked have made the pronunciation comparison to a hybrid of calcium and the name Lucifer, and this connection unfortunately seems to turn people off pretty quickly.
- Nicknames for Calcifer
- Meanings and history of the name Calcifer
The name of a fire demon in the fantasy novel "Howl's Moving Castle." It seems to be constructed on the demonic model of Lucifer ("bringing light"), but substituting the Latin root for heat ("calor") or possibly limestone ("calc-") in place of light.
- Famous real-life people named Calcifer
- Calcifer in song, story & screen
Calcifer is a fire demon in the movie Howl's Moving Castle.