Callaway Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Callaway? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Callaway
Contribute your knowledge to the name Callaway
- Comments and insights on the name Callaway
- Personal experiences with the name Callaway
- Nicknames for Callaway
- Meanings and history of the name Callaway
English (of Norman origin): habitational name from Caillouet-Orgeville in Eure, France, named with a collective form of Old Northern French cail(ou) ‘pebble’. See also name Cail.
Origin of Callaway: Irish from Latin
Meaning of Callaway: "pebbly place"
Another animated Irish surname, this one with jazzy ties to the immortal "Dean of American Jive," Cab Calloway. (http://nameberry.com/babyname/CALLAWAY)
- Famous real-life people named Callaway
- Callaway in song, story & screen