Carey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cary:
Transferred use of the surname originating from an English place-name derived from an old Celtic river name of uncertain meaning. Some believe it to be from the Gaelic caraich (to move, to stir) or caraidh (movement). Var: Carey.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carey? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carey
- Comments and insights on the name Carey
- Personal experiences with the name Carey
- Nicknames for Carey
- Meanings and history of the name Carey
- Famous real-life people named Carey
Carey Price - professional hockey player (Montreal Canadiens)
- Carey in song, story & screen
"Carey", song by Joni Mitchell