Carlo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carlo:
Cognate of Charles, which is from the Germanic karl (full-grown, a man). The name was borne by four kings of Spain.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carlo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carlo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carlo
- Comments and insights on the name Carlo
Carlo, Carol and Coral are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Carlo
- Nicknames for Carlo
Cai, Carl, Kai, Kyle, Karl, Carlito, Carlos
- Meanings and history of the name Carlo
- Famous real-life people named Carlo
- Carlo in song, story & screen
Carlo Marx is a minor character in Jack Kerouac's "On the Road."