Carlos Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carlos:
Spanish and Portuguese cognate of Charles, which is from the Germanic karl (full-grown, a man). The name was borne by four kings of Spain.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carlos? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carlos
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2014
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain, 2010
- Chilean Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Chile 2010
- Paraguayan Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Paraguay
- Portuguese Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Portugal 2012
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2012
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carlos
- Comments and insights on the name Carlos
- Personal experiences with the name Carlos
- Nicknames for Carlos
Carlitos, Carlito, Carlinhos, Caló,Carloz, Carlín,C-los
- Meanings and history of the name Carlos
The value of the name Carlos adds up to 250.
The derivation the former name of “Charles” or
“Creo-Man” meaning full-grown man/husband man.
manly, strong, cute, nice, funny, good, player (be aware people)
- Famous real-life people named Carlos
Carlos Castaneda, author
Carlos Estevez is the birth name of actor Charlie Sheen
Carlos Gardel, tango singer and songwriter
Carlos Mencia, comic
Carlos Pena,Jr. ,Actor/Singer
Carlos Ponce, actor
Carlos Valdes, actor
William Carlos Williams, American poet
Carlos Beltrán, MLB outfielder with the New York Mets.
Carlos Ray Norris, birth name of actor Chuck Norris
- Carlos in song, story & screen
Carlos Garcia, 'Big Time Rush'
Carlos The Scientist, Welcome to Night Vale
Carlos, a character played by Cameron Boyce in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Descendants.