Carmichael Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Michael:
Derived from the Hebrew mīkhā’ē‘l (Who is like God?). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the seven archangels. He is the one closest to God and is responsible for carrying out God's judgments. Var: Michaell, Michail.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carmichael? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carmichael
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carmichael
- Comments and insights on the name Carmichael
- Personal experiences with the name Carmichael
- Nicknames for Carmichael
- Meanings and history of the name Carmichael
Scottish clan name anglicized from MacGillemichael, meaning "son of the servant of Saint Michael."
- Famous real-life people named Carmichael
Hoagy Carmichael, American songwriter and musician.
Stokley Carmichael, Trinidadian-American leader of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee and the Black Panther Party.
- Carmichael in song, story & screen