Carroll Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carroll:
A form of the Latin Carolus, which is a cognate of Charles (full-grown, a man, a freeman).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carroll? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carroll
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carroll
- Comments and insights on the name Carroll
Doesn't sound like a boy's name!
- Personal experiences with the name Carroll
- Nicknames for Carroll
- Meanings and history of the name Carroll
Carroll is an Irish spelling of the name.
- Famous real-life people named Carroll
Carroll O'Connor, Carroll Shelby, Carroll Baker
- Carroll in song, story & screen