Casper Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Casper:
Dutch form of Gaspar, which, along with Balthasar and Melchior, was assigned to the Three Wise Men who brought gifts to the Christ Child. The names are not found in the Bible and are thought to have been assigned in the 11th century. Of uncertain etymology, Caspar might be derived from the Persian genashber (treasure master), which is in keeping with his role of the bringer of precious gifts.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Casper? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Casper
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden 2014
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden, 2010
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden for 2012
- Dutch Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in The Netherlands
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden
Contribute your knowledge to the name Casper
- Comments and insights on the name Casper
- Personal experiences with the name Casper
- Nicknames for Casper
- Meanings and history of the name Casper
- Famous real-life people named Casper
Casper Van Dien, American actor.
Casper Ten Boom, Dutch Underground Leader during WWII
- Casper in song, story & screen
Casper the Friendly Ghost, cartoon character.
Casper from the movie "Kids"
Casper Lomer from the internet comic blog The Greasers of Hazzick Flats.
Casper Lomer Jr.