Cassian Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cassius:
An old Roman family name of uncertain meaning. It is possibly derived from the Latin cassus (hollow, empty).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cassian? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cassian
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cassian
- Comments and insights on the name Cassian
- Personal experiences with the name Cassian
- Nicknames for Cassian
Cass, Cassie, Cash
- Meanings and history of the name Cassian
It is an anglicized form of the ancient Roman family name Cassianus, a form of Cassius.
- Famous real-life people named Cassian
Saint Cassian of Tangier, Saint Cassian of Imola, Saint Cassian of Autun, and Saint John Cassian.
Cassian Elwes, British film producer.
- Cassian in song, story & screen
A Court Of Thorns And Roses series by Sarah J. Mass