Cassio Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cassio? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cassio
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cassio
- Comments and insights on the name Cassio
- Personal experiences with the name Cassio
- Nicknames for Cassio
In Brazil, where we speak Portuguese, Cassio is a difficult name to give nickname (not long enough to be broken int smaller fractions, not small enough either). A close person may call you “Cá” (Kah) or use the diminutive, “Cassinho” (Something like Cassy).
- Meanings and history of the name Cassio
Of Roman origin, its meanings vary depending on the interpretation:
· Poor man
The most interesting interpretation being:
· He who is devoid of and doesn’t care about material possessions.
It can also be considered a variation of the name Cassius (male) or Cassia (female), the later is derived from the Hebrew “Kiddah”, an aromatic wood.
- Famous real-life people named Cassio
- Cassio in song, story & screen