Cassius Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cassius:
An old Roman family name of uncertain meaning. It is possibly derived from the Latin cassus (hollow, empty).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cassius? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cassius
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cassius
- Comments and insights on the name Cassius
- Personal experiences with the name Cassius
- Nicknames for Cassius
- Meanings and history of the name Cassius
- Famous real-life people named Cassius
Cassius Clay AKA Muhammad Ali
Gaius Cassius Longinus (Roman consul 171 BC)
Cassius Marcellus Clay (1810-1903), abolitionist
Cassius Brown (b. 2009), son of American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor Bobby Brown
- Cassius in song, story & screen
"Cassius", a song by Foals
Cassius is a main character in Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar"