Charl Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carl:
Derived from the Old English ceorl (freeman, peasant, man). In the Middle Ages, Carl was used as a nickname for a bondman, villain, or a person of low birth and rude manners. Alternatively, Carl is used as a short form of Carlton. (karl)
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Charl ? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Charl
Contribute your knowledge to the name Charl
- Comments and insights on the name Charl
- Personal experiences with the name Charl
- Nicknames for Charl
- Meanings and history of the name Charl
Afrikaans form of Carl.
- Famous real-life people named Charl
Charl Schwartzel, South African professional golfer.
- Charl in song, story & screen