Cheyne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shane:
An Anglicized form of the Irish Seaghán, a variant form of Eóin which is a Gaelic cognate of John (God is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cheyne? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cheyne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cheyne
- Comments and insights on the name Cheyne
- Personal experiences with the name Cheyne
- Nicknames for Cheyne
- Meanings and history of the name Cheyne
English origin. Means "from the oak grove."
- Famous real-life people named Cheyne
- Cheyne in song, story & screen