Cid Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cid? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cid
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cid
- Comments and insights on the name Cid
Could also be spelled Cyd.
- Personal experiences with the name Cid
- Nicknames for Cid
- Meanings and history of the name Cid
Cid as a boy's name is of Spanish and Arabic origin, and the meaning of Cid is "lord".
- Famous real-life people named Cid
Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar, known as "El Cid" by the Moors, Castilian nobleman and military leader in medieval Spain. Lived 1043–1099 AD.
- Cid in song, story & screen
Cid, variety of characters appearing in Final Fantasy games.