Ciro Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cyrus:
Derived from the Greek Kyros, which might be derived from kyrios (lord). Alternatively, Kyros is used as a cognate of the Hebrew Koreish, a derivative of the Persian Kureish, which is from the ancient Kuru, a name believed to be from the Persian Khur (a name for the sun).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ciro? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ciro
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ciro
- Comments and insights on the name Ciro
- Personal experiences with the name Ciro
- Nicknames for Ciro
- Meanings and history of the name Ciro
- Famous real-life people named Ciro
Ciro D. Rodriguez, Congressman from Texas
Ciro, artist and musician from New York State
- Ciro in song, story & screen