Clayten Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Clayton:
Transferred use of the surname originating from a place-name derived from the Old English elements claēg (clay) and tūn (town, settlement, village, enclosure): hence, "settlement near the clay pit."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Clayten? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Clayten
Contribute your knowledge to the name Clayten
- Comments and insights on the name Clayten
Did not like the traditional spelling of the name.
- Personal experiences with the name Clayten
Original, no other people with the same spelling.
- Nicknames for Clayten
- Meanings and history of the name Clayten
- Famous real-life people named Clayten
- Clayten in song, story & screen