Cody Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cody:
Derived from the Irish Gaelic surname Mac Óda (son of Odo), a name thought to date to the 13th century. Odo is an obsolete name meaning “wealthy.”
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cody? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cody
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (New South Wales), 2010
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand, 2010
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland, 2011
- Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Wales
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland for 2012
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cody
- Comments and insights on the name Cody
- Personal experiences with the name Cody
- Nicknames for Cody
Code, Codes, Codfish, codemeister, codester, coke
- Meanings and history of the name Cody
- Famous real-life people named Cody
Diablo Cody, (female) screenwriter (of 2007 film "Juno")
William "Buffalo Bill" Cody, whose famous Wild West shows give the name cowboy cred
Cody Lambert, former professional saddle bronc & bull rider. He created the protective vest that most Professional Bull Riders wear, after seeing the death of his friend, Lane Frost.
Cody Simpson, a popular teen Australian singer
Cody Calafiore, Big Brother 16 contestant
Cody Carson, singer in the band Set It Off
- Cody in song, story & screen
Cody Bennett, Dexter Morgan's stepson in Showtime's hit series, "Dexter"
Cody Banks, titular character of the kid's movie "Agent Cody Banks"
Cody Maverick, main character in the film "Surf's Up"
Cody Martin, one of tbe main characters in the Disney Channel series "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and its spin-off, "The Suite Life on Deck"
Cody is the name of the boy whom the mice must rescue in Disney's "Rescuers Down Under"