Columba Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Callum:
Borrowed from the Scottish, Calum is a Gaelic form of the Latin Columba (dove). Var: Callum, Kallum. Short: Cal, Kal.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Columba? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Columba
Contribute your knowledge to the name Columba
- Comments and insights on the name Columba
- Personal experiences with the name Columba
- Nicknames for Columba
- Meanings and history of the name Columba
Late Roman name meaning "dove."
- Famous real-life people named Columba
Saint Columba, Irish monk credited with converting Scotland to Christianity.
Saint Columba the Virgin, female Roman Catholic saint.
- Columba in song, story & screen