Conan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Conan:
Of debated derivation and meaning, some believe Conan to be a diminutive form of the Gaelic cú (hound, dog): hence, "small hound." Others suggest that it is derived from conn (wisdom, counsel, strength).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Conan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Conan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Conan
- Comments and insights on the name Conan
- Personal experiences with the name Conan
- Nicknames for Conan
- Meanings and history of the name Conan
- Famous real-life people named Conan
- Conan in song, story & screen
Conan the Barbarian
Conan edogawa is the alias used by shinichi kudo ,the main protagonist of the manga series “case closed”