Corliss Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Corliss? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Corliss
Contribute your knowledge to the name Corliss
- Comments and insights on the name Corliss
- Personal experiences with the name Corliss
- Nicknames for Corliss
- Meanings and history of the name Corliss
Originally a nickname derived from the Old English carleas, meaning "carefree, joyful."
- Famous real-life people named Corliss
George Henry Corliss, American inventor, mechanical engineer, and the inventor of the Corliss steam engine.
Corliss Williamson, American professional basketball player and coach.
Corliss Lamont, American philosopher.
- Corliss in song, story & screen