Coulson Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cole:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Old English col (coal). It originated as a nickname for someone who was coal-black, swarthy, or darkly-complexioned.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Coulson? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Coulson
Contribute your knowledge to the name Coulson
- Comments and insights on the name Coulson
- Personal experiences with the name Coulson
- Nicknames for Coulson
- Meanings and history of the name Coulson
English surname meaning "son of Cole/Nicholas."
Irish surname meaning "son of Dubhgall."
- Famous real-life people named Coulson
Christian Coulson, British actor.
Coulson Norman Mitchell, Canadian military hero.
- Coulson in song, story & screen