Cowan Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cowan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cowan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cowan
- Comments and insights on the name Cowan
- Personal experiences with the name Cowan
- Nicknames for Cowan
- Meanings and history of the name Cowan
Anglicized form of Comhghan, meaning "born together."
Celtic surname, probably related to the given name Eoghan (Owen) meaning "dweller at a hollow" or possibly meaning "of the yew tree".
Old Scots occupational name for a dry stone mason.
- Famous real-life people named Cowan
Major General David "Punch" Tennant Cowan, British World War II general.
Elliot Cowan, British actor.
Walter Cowan, British Royal Navy admiral in both WWI and WWII.
- Cowan in song, story & screen