Cristobal Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cristobal:
Cognate of Christopher (bearing Christ), a name derived from the Greek Christophoros, which is composed of the elements Christos (Christ) and pherein (to bear).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cristobal? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cristobal
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cristobal
- Comments and insights on the name Cristobal
- Personal experiences with the name Cristobal
- Nicknames for Cristobal
- Meanings and history of the name Cristobal
Spanish form of Christopher.
- Famous real-life people named Cristobal
Cristóbal Balenciaga, Spanish fashion designer.
Cristóbal Colón, better known as Christopher Columbus, Italian navigator traditionally considered the discoverer of America.
Cristóbal Márquez Crespo, known simply as Cristóbal, a Spanish footballer.
- Cristobal in song, story & screen