Curt Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Curt:
Short form of Curtis, which is derived from the French curteis (courteous). Curtis was originally used as both a given name and a surname. In the Middle Ages, it was used it indicate an educated man.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Curt? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Curt
Contribute your knowledge to the name Curt
- Comments and insights on the name Curt
- Personal experiences with the name Curt
- Nicknames for Curt
- Meanings and history of the name Curt
- Famous real-life people named Curt
- Curt in song, story & screen