Cyriac Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cyrus:
Derived from the Greek Kyros, which might be derived from kyrios (lord). Alternatively, Kyros is used as a cognate of the Hebrew Koreish, a derivative of the Persian Kureish, which is from the ancient Kuru, a name believed to be from the Persian Khur (a name for the sun).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cyriac? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cyriac
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cyriac
- Comments and insights on the name Cyriac
- Personal experiences with the name Cyriac
- Nicknames for Cyriac
- Meanings and history of the name Cyriac
From the Greek "Cyriacus," occasionally found in Germanic countries. 27 different Catholic Saints bear the name St. Cyriac.
- Famous real-life people named Cyriac
- Cyriac in song, story & screen