Dakoda Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dakota:
Derived from the Siouan word dakóta (allies, to be thought of as friends). The name is borrowed from the name given to the tribes of northern Plains Indians, also known as Sioux and Lakota.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dakoda? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dakoda
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dakoda
- Comments and insights on the name Dakoda
- Personal experiences with the name Dakoda
- Nicknames for Dakoda
Koda and DK
- Meanings and history of the name Dakoda
- Famous real-life people named Dakoda
- Dakoda in song, story & screen