Damian Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Damian:
Derived from the Greek Damianos, which is thought to be from damān (to tame). Var: Damon, Daymian, Daymon.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Damian? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Damian
- German Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Germany 2014
- Polish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Poland 2014
- Chilean Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Chile 2010
- Polish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Poland 2012
- German Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Germany
- Polish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Poland
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Damian
- Comments and insights on the name Damian
- Personal experiences with the name Damian
- Nicknames for Damian
- Meanings and history of the name Damian
Damian is a given name from the Latin Damianus meaning "to tame", it also comes from the Sanskrit word "dam", meaning "who can give".
- Famous real-life people named Damian
Saints Cosmas and Damian were twins and early Christian martyrs. They are particularly important in the Eastern Churches. They are included in the Canon of the Mass and are the patrons of physicians and surgeons.
Elizabeth Hurley's son is named Damian Charles; artist Damien Hirst; Damian Marley, Bob Marley's son; Damian Miller
Damian McGinty, Irish singer, and the youngest member of the group 'Celtic Thunder'
- Damian in song, story & screen
Damian Wayne - Robin (Bruce Wayne's son); Horror movie Damian (spelled Damien); Mean Girls' character Damian;
Damian, is the name of a character, in the popular book series "House Of Night" He plays the gay best friend of Zoey red bird, in the ten book series.