Darek Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Derek:
Derived from a short form of the obsolete Germanic Thiudoreiks, a compound name composed from the Old German elements thiuda (folk, people) and reiks (ruler, leader, king). The name was brought to England in the Middle Ages by Flemish cloth traders.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Darek? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Darek
Contribute your knowledge to the name Darek
- Comments and insights on the name Darek
as a boy's name is a variant of Derek
- Personal experiences with the name Darek
- Nicknames for Darek
- Meanings and history of the name Darek
the meaning of Darek is "people's ruler".
- Famous real-life people named Darek
Darek Miroslaw- Model
- Darek in song, story & screen