Darrell Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Darrell:
Transferred use of the English surname that originated as the French de Arel (from Airelle, a town in Calvados). Var: Darrall, Darrel, Darryl, Darylle, Darryll, Daryl.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Darrell? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Darrell
Contribute your knowledge to the name Darrell
- Comments and insights on the name Darrell
- Personal experiences with the name Darrell
- Nicknames for Darrell
- Meanings and history of the name Darrell
- Famous real-life people named Darrell
- Darrell in song, story & screen
Darrell Rivers is the female protagonist of Enid Blyton's Malory Towers books.
Darrell Cartrip from the Pixar franchise Cars