Darryl Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Darryl:
Transferred use of the English surname that originated as the French de Arel (from Airelle, a town in Calvados). Var: Darrall, Darrel, Darryl, Darylle, Darryll, Daryl.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Darryl? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Darryl
Contribute your knowledge to the name Darryl
- Comments and insights on the name Darryl
- Personal experiences with the name Darryl
- Nicknames for Darryl
Dee,Deelo,D-Ski,D-Money,D-Love,D-Fresh and many more Hip-Hop flavored versions.
- Meanings and history of the name Darryl
- Famous real-life people named Darryl
- Darryl in song, story & screen
Larry, Daryll & Darryl were brothers on Newhart.
Darryl Zao is a fictional character in Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs.