Daryus Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Darius:
A borrowing from the Latin, Darius is an old name derived from the Greek Dareios, which is of uncertain origin. It is thought to ultimately be derived from Darayavahush, the name of an ancient Persian king.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Daryus? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Daryus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Daryus
- Comments and insights on the name Daryus
It is actually DaRyus. (duh-rye-us) Meaning "King". Biblical. Persian.
- Personal experiences with the name Daryus
My cousin named her son this name.
- Nicknames for Daryus
- Meanings and history of the name Daryus
- Famous real-life people named Daryus
- Daryus in song, story & screen