Daud Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name David:
From the Hebrew dāvīd (beloved). The name is borne in the Bible by the second Israelite king. Short: Dave. Pet: Davey, Davie, Davy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Daud? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Daud
Contribute your knowledge to the name Daud
- Comments and insights on the name Daud
Also transcribed as: Daut, Daoud, Dawud, Davud, Davut, and Dawood.
- Personal experiences with the name Daud
- Nicknames for Daud
- Meanings and history of the name Daud
Arabic equivalent of David.
- Famous real-life people named Daud
- Daud in song, story & screen