Davit Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name David:
From the Hebrew dāvīd (beloved). The name is borne in the Bible by the second Israelite king. Short: Dave. Pet: Davey, Davie, Davy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Davit? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Davit
Contribute your knowledge to the name Davit
- Comments and insights on the name Davit
form of David used in Armenian and Georgian
- Personal experiences with the name Davit
- Nicknames for Davit
- Meanings and history of the name Davit
- Famous real-life people named Davit
- Davit in song, story & screen