Dawid Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name David:
From the Hebrew dāvīd (beloved). The name is borne in the Bible by the second Israelite king. Short: Dave. Pet: Davey, Davie, Davy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dawid? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dawid
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dawid
- Comments and insights on the name Dawid
Polish form of David
- Personal experiences with the name Dawid
- Nicknames for Dawid
- Meanings and history of the name Dawid
- Famous real-life people named Dawid
- Dawid in song, story & screen