Dawood Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name David:
From the Hebrew dāvīd (beloved). The name is borne in the Bible by the second Israelite king. Short: Dave. Pet: Davey, Davie, Davy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dawood? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dawood
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dawood
- Comments and insights on the name Dawood
Arabic form of David. Also spelled Dawud.
- Personal experiences with the name Dawood
- Nicknames for Dawood
- Meanings and history of the name Dawood
- Famous real-life people named Dawood
- Dawood in song, story & screen