DeCota Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dakota:
Derived from the Siouan word dakóta (allies, to be thought of as friends). The name is borrowed from the name given to the tribes of northern Plains Indians, also known as Sioux and Lakota.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a DeCota? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring DeCota
Contribute your knowledge to the name DeCota
- Comments and insights on the name DeCota
I wanted my son to have a Native American name, hence, Dakota..however, I wanted it to look different...hence the spelling, DeCota...also, has some french in it with the spelling...
- Personal experiences with the name DeCota
The name of my youngest child (28)
- Nicknames for DeCota
Cody, Cota, Co
- Meanings and history of the name DeCota
- Famous real-life people named DeCota
one with this spelling
- DeCota in song, story & screen