Deklan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Declan:
Anglicized form of the Irish Deaglán, which is of uncertain meaning. The name was borne by a 6th century saint who was baptized by St. Colman. Var: Deklan.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Deklan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Deklan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Deklan
- Comments and insights on the name Deklan
- Personal experiences with the name Deklan
- Nicknames for Deklan
Dek, Decker, Deklan-Bear
- Meanings and history of the name Deklan
It is a spelling variant of the name "Declan" which is the English version of the Irish name Deaglan. Deaglan originates from the Irish words dag "good" and lan "full" suggesting "full of goodness."
Another commonly accepting meaning of the name is "Man of prayer."
- Famous real-life people named Deklan
- Deklan in song, story & screen