Demitri Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dimitri:
From the Greek Dēmētrios (of Demeter), which is from Demeter, the Greek mythological goddess of agriculture and fertility. The name is composed of the elements de (the earth) and mētēr (mother).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Demitri? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Demitri
Contribute your knowledge to the name Demitri
- Comments and insights on the name Demitri
My best friend is called Demitri, and honestly, I don't think any other name could fit her better. She's Daring, adventurous, mysterious, kind, caring, and is just an all around amazing person.
A re spelling of Dimitri
- Personal experiences with the name Demitri
- Nicknames for Demitri
- Meanings and history of the name Demitri
- Famous real-life people named Demitri
- Demitri in song, story & screen