Demyan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Damian:
Derived from the Greek Damianos, which is thought to be from damān (to tame). Var: Damon, Daymian, Daymon.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Demyan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Demyan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Demyan
- Comments and insights on the name Demyan
Russian form of Damian/Damien, pronounced either dyem-YAHN or deem-YAHN (the emphasis on the second syllable differentiates it from Damian/Damien)
- Personal experiences with the name Demyan
- Nicknames for Demyan
- Meanings and history of the name Demyan
- Famous real-life people named Demyan
- Demyan in song, story & screen