Dermot Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dermot:
Anglicized form of the Irish Diarmiad (without injunction, a freeman). Diarmaid is a compound name composed of the elements di (without) and airmit (injunction).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dermot? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dermot
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dermot
- Comments and insights on the name Dermot
- Personal experiences with the name Dermot
- Nicknames for Dermot
- Meanings and history of the name Dermot
- Famous real-life people named Dermot
Dermot Mulroney, actor
- Dermot in song, story & screen