Derrek Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Derek:
Derived from a short form of the obsolete Germanic Thiudoreiks, a compound name composed from the Old German elements thiuda (folk, people) and reiks (ruler, leader, king). The name was brought to England in the Middle Ages by Flemish cloth traders.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Derrek? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Derrek
Contribute your knowledge to the name Derrek
- Comments and insights on the name Derrek
- Personal experiences with the name Derrek
I have a good friend named Derrek. The double R gives it some distinction.
- Nicknames for Derrek
- Meanings and history of the name Derrek
- Famous real-life people named Derrek
- Derrek in song, story & screen