Dewayne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dewayne:
Anglicized form of Dubhán (little dark one), a diminutive form of the Gaelic dubh (black, dark). Var: Duane, Dwane, Dwayne.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dewayne? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dewayne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dewayne
- Comments and insights on the name Dewayne
- Personal experiences with the name Dewayne
- Nicknames for Dewayne
- Meanings and history of the name Dewayne
- Famous real-life people named Dewayne
- Dewayne in song, story & screen