Diarmad Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dermot:
Anglicized form of the Irish Diarmiad (without injunction, a freeman). Diarmaid is a compound name composed of the elements di (without) and airmit (injunction).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Diarmad
Contribute your knowledge to the name Diarmad
- Comments and insights on the name Diarmad
- Personal experiences with the name Diarmad
- Nicknames for Diarmad
- Meanings and history of the name Diarmad
From the Old Irish Diarmait, meaning either "freeman" or "without envy". Anglicized as Dermot.
- Famous real-life people named Diarmad
- Diarmad in song, story & screen