Diarmaid Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dermot:
Anglicized form of the Irish Diarmiad (without injunction, a freeman). Diarmaid is a compound name composed of the elements di (without) and airmit (injunction).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Diarmaid? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Diarmaid
Contribute your knowledge to the name Diarmaid
- Comments and insights on the name Diarmaid
A masculine given name in the Irish language.
- Personal experiences with the name Diarmaid
- Nicknames for Diarmaid
- Meanings and history of the name Diarmaid
- Famous real-life people named Diarmaid
- Diarmaid in song, story & screen