Dickie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Richard:
A borrowing from the Old French, Richard is derived from the Old High German Richart, a compound name composed from the elements rík, rīc (power, ruler) and hard (strong, brave, hardy): hence, "brave ruler." The name, introduced by the Normans, was borne by three kings of England. The first was Richard I (1157 - 99), called Richard the Lion-Hearted, the leader of the Third Crusade.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dickie? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dickie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dickie
- Comments and insights on the name Dickie
- Personal experiences with the name Dickie
- Nicknames for Dickie
- Meanings and history of the name Dickie
- Famous real-life people named Dickie
- Dickie in song, story & screen