Dima Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dimitri:
From the Greek Dēmētrios (of Demeter), which is from Demeter, the Greek mythological goddess of agriculture and fertility. The name is composed of the elements de (the earth) and mētēr (mother).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dima? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dima
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dima
- Comments and insights on the name Dima
- Personal experiences with the name Dima
- Nicknames for Dima
- Meanings and history of the name Dima
- Famous real-life people named Dima
- Dima in song, story & screen